Cairngorms - 'Up High'
Enjoy the magnificent mountains of the Cairngorms National Park during our five-day, all inclusive* walking holiday. The Cairngorms host four of the five highest mountains in the UK, have some of the remotest hill walking experiences, are home to very rare wildlife and offer breathtaking scenery of granite corries, Caledonian Forests and endless mountain views.
Led by an experienced and qualified local guide you can safely explore this beautiful and wild mountain environment. You’ll stay in a local guesthouse where you’ll be looked after and where you can relax comfortably after a rewarding day on the mountains.
A typical itinerary is;
- Day one we’ll head into the famous Northern Corries and the impressive cliffs of Coire an t-Sneachda and Corrie an Lochan, before heading up onto the plateau. As we approach the tops we begin to enjoy views over the southern Cairngorms and the Loch Avon basin. We return via Cairn Lochan and Cairn Gorm. Approximately 6 hours of walking.
- Day two and we head further south to Glen Feshie, a remote glen with a different feel to the rest of the Cairngorms. From here we walk up to Carn Ban Mor and Sgorr Goaith. These westerly Cairngorm mountains continue to reward us with breathtaking views, this time over the remote wilderness to the south. Approximately 7 hours of waking.
- Day three and we travel to Royal Deeside and to the magical Lochnagar. The beauty of Royal Deeside, with its Caledonian Forests and wild mountain landscapes, is a jewel in the crown of the National Park. The rewards from the summit of Lochnagar make every step taken to get there worth it. A longer day as we have further to drive and approximately 8 hours of walking.
- Day four and we head for the summit of the Cairngorms highest and the UK’s second highest mountain, Ben MacDui. In the middle of the mountain range, Ben MacDui boasts spectacular views in all directions and is steeped in fascinating history. Approximately 7 hours of walking.
- Day five and our final day where we make an ascent of one of the grandest mountains in the National Park, Braeriach. Watching over Aviemore, this iconic mountain and can be seen from miles around. A long day, but a fitting way to finish our trip. Approximately 8 hours of walking.
To enjoy this holiday you will want to have a reasonable level of walking fitness, but no previous hill walking experience is required.
- Exploring the wilderness of the Cairngorms National Park
- Climb Munros (Scottish Mountains over 3000ft)
- Led by a qualified and experienced local guide (they’ll be a nice person too)
- 5 nights accommodation in very good quality local accommodation (single person supplment available)
- All breakfasts & lunches*
- All transport from Aviemore included
What’s not included:
- Personal hill walking equipment
- Personal holiday insurance
- Evening meals*
- Personal travel arrangements to Aviemore
Difficulty - Moderate
The cost is based on two people. Single supplement available.
If you have any questions about this holiday or would like any more information, please get in touch